Hi, I'm Chris. I live in New York.
- I spent 18 years in finance. You can read about that here.
- Favorite place I've traveled to is South Africa.
- Born and bred New Yorker
- My interest in cooking sways between just getting things on the table and the more scientific, a la Serious Eats. Also, love figuring out how to re-purpose leftovers and random ingredients that have been sitting in the fridge.
- I have probably eaten less vegetables than anyone else you have ever known.
What I like to do:
- Favorite Mountain: Whistler
- Favorite Area: Utah, SLC area (Cottonwoods)
- Pier 84, Manhattan - No, the Hudson is not gross!
- Best Paddle: Circumnaving Manhattan
- Nothing cool, almost all gym climbing and some Gunks
What I like to think about:
- Permanent Portfolios
- Process oriented
- Oscillation between First Principles and Empiricism
- Layers of Abstraction
- Using analogs to communicate between teachers and learners
- Tacit Knowledge / Naturalistic Decision Making
- Automation / Iterative Improvement
- Systems Thinking
N=1: Things I've done to shake up my life
- Experimenting with Paleo/Primal/Carnivore
- Teaching my wife to snowboard
- Learning to paddleboard
- Learning to climb
- Building this website
- Improving my writing
- Week of surf school
- Week of golf school